Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowmobile Scrap Yards In Canada

THE MEETING DAY. Simone van der Vlugt


I love the feeling it is to find a book like this, really. It had been weeks since I read anything so absorbing and, at the same time as disturbing as the story of Isabel and Sabine. In addition, it is curious how these books reach the hands without really knowing how, when or why. I suppose, might otherwise overlooked.

Isabel and Sabine were friends in school but to go to secondary anything in your relationship changed and so did they. Since then, Sabine suffered harassment of Elizabeth and her new friends to the very day it disappeared. Elizabeth never met or had heard from him. 9 years have passed and soon held a meeting of alumni.

Today, Sabine lives in Amsterdam and has recently reinstated to his job after being low and psychological treatment for a while, but here things have changed since his departure and the dreams and images that surprise at every turn in the protagonist is Isabel and who might have happened that warm spring day not very helpful in their recovery.

Sabine While in the past could not cope with its present, will be present when must overcome his past, that's the only way to have a future. And here I can write it any more data would be revealing.

A reading with good pace, full of unexpected twists. A story in which nothing is left over and everything happens at the time that should occur and how they should do but in which nothing and no one is as it seems. A 23-year-old star could pass for a normal girl worried about things specific to this age but whose memories or, rather, lack thereof, can hide the key to solve the strange disappearance of what was once her best friend. A truly amazing final, unthinkable.

But any novel worth its salt has to have its buts and this could not be otherwise. I think Sabine relationships with boys. And I think the author could have exploded more than some of its story lines with better results. Nothing more to add.

If you arrive at your hands, do not hesitate. Will not be your novel of the year - go spirits, Lola, to this dilemma if I do not know if what you say help me decide - but you will not regret you read it.

Regards, Lola.

0 comments:

Post a Comment