Good. Well, is. Read. Now what? I think in the end it was not so bad, what has me even more despondent as expected much more from this novel ..., novel, on the other hand, I suspect soon forget. The approach was simple, the brothers Paul and Serge Lohman, with their wives, left for dinner at a restaurant forced to the difficult position of having to decide on the future of their children, thrown into a mess of fat. The restaurant of choice is one of those where if the account is funny, the funnier da tip, and in which shines the vacuum of his dishes as their content - think that says something like Serge final evening - and what initially starts as a relaxing dinner and relaxed, which in reality is not so much as Paul makes us partakers of the tensions he feels for his brother, he finally lead to a fatal outcome as they are showing interest all involved.
Seen this way, the reading had many pros and, in fact, I liked it or at least I think because everything ends up confusing me. There are parts I do not add up, anecdotes from the life of Paul, interesting but may well have been part of another novel because in it seem meaningless, seem to have no justification for catching by surprise the reader. And then there are approaches which either clear to me or maybe it is not clear to me is the point of view from which they are exposed. If I have to stay with something is with desserts, digestive - coffees and liqueurs - and a tip, or whatever it is, the end of the meal, which shows that, here as in the real life is the ideal time all evening that price to get the most rugged.
Herman Koch uses his novel and its characters to make a review of Dutch gentry may well be that of any developed country, education passed from parents to children, particularly the example that parents give their children and how it influences their behavior, violence - poorly justified in this novel, from my point of view - public image and political correctness. His characters are marked by social prejudice on the other hand I think that can not be cause for criticism as anyone is likely to fall into them, you just have to stop and think, but both are selfish, crazy in a society everyone is created with the right to do whatever is necessary to achieve an end, is a question of scruples and personal boundaries. Jealousy and envy in the family environment that is confused with love and longing for the pursuit of happiness and stability. After all seems a fairly complete novel.
- Note: If you have not read the book, maybe you should skip the following two paragraphs, it is possible that Lola has been gone a little clip -
There is an idea that makes the whole plot and that is I have drawn the most attention. The author tries to make us believe that certain human behaviors, in this case related to violence - not know if this phenomenon could be extrapolated to other types of actions - are related to genetics, with genes inherited from generation to generation without education or parental example have little or nothing to do. On the other hand it is impossible not to feel a certain revulsion against impunity acts should be punished more when they are cases that we see in real life. I think that's what makes it so outrageous, you can identify with the real thing.
The most clueless character who leaves me is Paul, the protagonist and narrator of the story, the beginning is a man with a certain charm, ironic and poignant, which maintains a good relationship with his wife and gets along well with your child but as the story progresses, the degree of violence is increasing, with thoughts and comments are all out of place and past memories tremendous, a madness that ends up infecting the whole family. Perhaps it was the intention of Koch, confused with first impressions no sound - on our part, of course -.
what else I can say ... A reading that unexplained because development is dynamic and direct language, it made me long and I could not draw clear conclusions. Just a matter of time and one of these days I wake up with the key.
Regards, Lola.
PS: Rereading my own review I think I can be satisfied because it is as confusing as my feelings about the novel.
0 comments:
Post a Comment