For without knowing it and without intending it turned out that the movie I saw last Thursday is related with one of the last comics Paco Roca.
Winter cartoonist is the graphic novel with which Paco Roca want to approach the situation of comic artists in the late 50's. In a market monopolized by the Editorial Bruguera, in which the artists are paid at the rate of pages delivered and forced to give up the rights to their characters - so that the publisher can publish again and again as they did during the months when the artists were missing, but readers might realize - a brave group of artists, figure, Conti, Escobar, Giner and Peñarroya, set in motion a dream, an ideal form of a magazine, Uncle Live, intended to be edited and run by artists themselves. It's the spring of 57 but the author prefers to begin the story in late 1959, when the artists are forced to abandon his dream and return to the fold of Bruguera - as foreshadowed, the publisher had something to do in failure and was not the first time I tried to end the competition -. The truth is that it is easy to get an idea of \u200b\u200bhow were these people forced to work under harsh conditions and little appreciated. Always under the watchful eye of censorship and a society devoid of freedom as were disenfranchised in their jobs. Some of these artists were once journalists forced to leave their profession with the advent of Franco to power, others had to go to France and others came to be in jail for defending their ideas. Trying to undertake this project was as a way of expressing their need for freedom, hope, as a way to fight for their ideas even if at another level, not in terms of politics, if not the way they had chosen to survive, doing what they had an innate talent. Although it was not all negative, always count on the recognition of their peers and with the hundreds of readers who bought the magazines and followed the adventures of Zipi and Zape, Don Pio, Fill or Carioco Gordito.
I like the aesthetics of Paco Roca. It is very nice and I like the contrast it creates between the crossing times in this story. On the one hand, the winter cold, gray, sad and disappointing. A winter of resignation and acceptance of a reality against which they can not fight. The winter they should return to work in the Editorial Bruguera. On the other hand, the time they decide to stop being exploited by the publisher and start the merry-go with warmer color pages filled with hope and anticipation of spring and summer of a year invited to dream freedom and justice regarding the operator's own rights.
I loved his illustrations of environments that starts every time.
Finally I want to highlight as an epilogue written by Antoni Guiral, cartoonist Hope in which I think reflects very well the sentiment of the time. And I liked the final appendix to the mini-biographies of all artists in this story. And
Grand Vázquez Aibar directed by and starring Oscar Santiago Segura on the role of artist Manuel Vázquez, a film I saw before reading the comic and tells the story of this beloved shameless, unscrupulous did not hesitate to cheat or to the various women he married in order to survive and get away with it. It's a funny story with a comic book aesthetics of that time, I laughed a lot with multiple inventions Vázquez, they must be recognized merit. Manuel Vazquez also worked, or tried to work - it's tried say that did not stop wriggle out of its obligations - for the Editorial Bruguera and was a teammate of punishment from the characters in the comic Roca, this gave me a bit of rage you have read the comic before so have tried to identify them. But the truth is that is a character I really like both the movie and comics, for his sincerity and have no qualms in saying things as they really are if you lose your touch of humor so characteristic. It is also interesting because his whereabouts had become legendary as some appear in both the movie and comics. However
character is out of position I Ibanez, the film seems to be a great admirer of the comic Vázquez but can not stand the comparisons, is more negative, more withdrawn.
both
Highly recommended, especially for those small or greater to aspire to have the stories of Tom Thumb, the OBT DDT.
Regards, Lola.
0 comments:
Post a Comment