I do not know how to begin the review of this book because the story seems so surreal it is difficult to find the right words ... it is strange that even so I have to say that the book I liked a lot. The pity is that the end has not surprised me to be because I had seen the movie and even that long ago, remember the essentials.
I read that the story is not exactly like the novel so I looked the movie I have at home since yesterday, and although they say that comparisons are odious, they are also inevitable.
The novel itself seems to be built from a random set of stories that are interspersed and through which the author tries to illustrate the drama of the protagonist. It is true that many of them are tremendous but the author is a merit that tells so that they can not be more comic, the protagonist added merit to carry them out. The episode of adulterated perfumes, the practice of sabotage gourmet, how they get fat for the manufacture of soaps, attendance at support groups are just some of them. But apart from this I think I owe you something of the argument. It all begins the day in which the protagonist meets Tyler Durden, it makes you see that the life he leads is not what you really want and you can change this fact starting from scratch, but not in a metaphorical sense or need to plan a change in my life , the plan goes to end all that is including himself, believe that the phrase used is something like can only be reborn through self-destruction. And so is born Fight Club, at first I think is the way it uses the character to meet, to become aware of the reactions of your body both physically and emotionally, to know where the limits of human endurance in all senses but then becomes a way to fight with everything that is dissatisfied in life, a somewhat radical, but a form of accountability when looked at from another perspective. As the plot progresses everything starts to freak out and the objective becomes humanity, or rather the system that governs, uncontrolled and unnecessary consumerism, culture, at least that's what I understand. Another important part of the story is the protagonist's problem with insomnia, if there is one thing that I stay with this book is how he describes the days, weeks and months without sleep, anxiety and despair This is all thanks to the use of short sentences. The solution for sleep is to go self-help groups for people with diseases but not enough to go as a spectator but the actor needs to be done through one of these patients. This is how he met the third angle This trio, Marla Singer, another like him. In this first part of the novel gives the impression that the characters need to be in direct contact with death to feel alive, as a way to appreciate their existence. Then the truth is that they have more important things to take care of.
The idea that one can be the protagonist is a man who has always done what was supposed to do but that was what really would have done, now comes the time when you do not know the next step in his life, the same time it appears Tyler with his extreme philosophy but embodying a role model, not the best but definitely a model that never had. At the same time, through Tyler is free to do what they can do by itself, but neither is the most appropriate course of action.
That said, I can only add that where it ends is where the main character should have been much earlier.
And a personal point - what happens Lola foregoing notes have not been personal? - when the time and what I have read everything, is that I can understand and it seems understandable that what is described in the novel is the way of thinking and acting of the traumatized person since childhood. I can accept it as the isolated case of a sick person who needs psychological help, but what I can not to conceive is that so many people to follow him and believe in him and what he says. So many people need relief?
Beyond these depths, not only recommend this book if you do not discount Chuck Palahniuk read others, speak highly of asphyxia.
Regards, Lola.
-P. D: Go Lola seeing the extent of the review who could imagine that you did not know how to get started! -
0 comments:
Post a Comment