Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fake Community Serviceurs

JUNE 2011 TO DIE 27. Joseph Gelinek

Just before lunch I finished reading the book, so it was that I climbed the walls at the mere idea of \u200b\u200bwaiting to write this, but better I put first in history.

discovered Dying at 27 a day like any other, I remember I had nothing special, and if he was interested in me for a reason somewhat macabre - it's okay to acknowledge Lola, nothing happens, you will want the same -. The title is pretty impressive by itself, die at 27, but when I read the back and found that referred to the accident that had led many successful artists to die at age 27 the curious ... this kind of curse finally convinced me. My interest grew when I learned also that this author had written other novels such as The Tenth Symphony and violinist of the devil, not because it would have read if not seen them in countless of occasions in my library confidence, it is also true that the issue had never struck me enough to ask me to read it. Stretching world of classical music. But this time was different. You added a revealing fact that he had found by chance on the true identity of Joseph Gelinek.

The novel begins on the day ending the life of John Lennon to Mark David Chapman, to put the Dakota building in New York on December 8, 1980. Even the style used by the author is quite peculiar because it makes us viewers an episode in which we already know what will happen, only players ignore it. The truth is that this introduction made me think of how many things you can do throughout the day not knowing what might be the last, or how the fact of them or can not be decisive for the outcome. It is tragic but at the same time, curious. You know the legendary photo that appears naked Lennon hugging Yoko ...? as it did that day. I had not seen before, the truth is that catches me a little young but I saw recently on television, lately I think I pursued the ghost of Lennon. This morning I passed a very curious thing in this regard, then I tell you.

But back to the topic at hand. After this Intro, history continues in Madrid, one afternoon in June 2010, at Santiago Bernabeu Stadium during a concert by the band The Walrus. Their singer, John Winston, much more than a follower of Lennon, is considered his heir. His success and talent are recognized and shared by thousands of fans and hours after the concert appears gunned down in a room occupied by one of the leading hotels in the English capital, at the age of 27 years. From there the UDEV police, Deputy Inspector Raul Perdomo and Villanueva will be responsible for clarifying the mystery that surrounds the singer's death appears to have entered the Club. With the beginning or entered my head drop, needed to know more, and the figure of Winston finally proves hypnotic.

My opinion about the novel is a bit contradictory, but I'm not sure I could call it that way, or that this qualification is suitable for my situation, it is actually more a matter of feelings - to What are you waiting to explain, Lolita? -. It's actually easy, if I had to recommend this novel, I would without hesitation, but not for the originality of the novel or the magnetism of the characters if not for all the background that creates the author. The story seems pretty plain little while Gelinek Spice it comes with some esoteric touches, and other detectives as Petra Delicado or partner Lorenzo Silva would have nothing to envy to this Raul Perdomo, I mean the police do not have anything special. In fact none of the characters. The only one that brings a little color is a journalist and music critic Amanda Torres and that I find the most obnoxious of all. The author also provides the data necessary for fair and have a general idea of \u200b\u200bthem both physically and personally, so we could not fond of any but would like. But is that the author creates a very good anecdotes about the world of pop music that just for that, the novel would be essential. You can not even imagine what I could learn about this world is fascinating trivia about bands, artists, songs, deaths, separations from public ... on the existence of The Club of 27, plus some data on criminal investigation methods. It has also changed the image I had on the Beatles and Lennon, perhaps idealized by ignorance and by time. Could have learned poker hands, who likes this game are sure to enjoy, I must admit that has been the most exciting. I even smiled reminding myself rewinding a cassette tape with a pen or trying to put back the plastic strip when leaving or bent, just as Perdomo makes. It is also true that the author sure bet on relating the story with a musical genre popular in their vicinity, I have already spoken of the stuffy classical music? - no attention to me, is a small, innocent joke, I do you have in mind, please -. I mean common, so close at hand is simple interest or research pointing.

Gelinek also to take advantage of other thorny issues like piracy. Criticizes the importance given to the image and marketing on the letters or the melodies of songs and questions the nasty habit of human nature to recognize and speak well of artists especially when already dead.

Finally I must admit that the end may really liked me so sad, absurd and inexplicable that turns out to be, at least from an outside perspective. It is incredible to realize the things that can make a person reach for fame and recognition. Let me know when you read it but I will advance it to think. Sure will surprise you.

Regards, Lola.

P. D: I'll stick with the Author's Notes , it appears that the titles of the chapters correspond to songs and it turns out those songs has a story.

PD 2: Have Internet at hand, I could not resist the temptation to find a few things, like the last photo of Lennon, not to know with who appears in the snapshot?

0 comments:

Post a Comment