Thursday, January 20, 2011

Homemade Grad Centerpieces

MISFITS SURPRISE GIFT My latest craze

A little gem made comic. I'm so glad I found him, he had seen several times on the Internet looking for other things and it was noted, and I'm happy to share my discovery.

Before starting, I notice that not count much for what has surprised me most was the development of history and I think that asset is important and I want that if someone has the opportunity to read and be encouraged to do so, it takes the same surprise that I took myself.

all starts with a terrible event, an attack in which Jane, the young protagonist, is involved. After recovering feel the need to change, he feels he can no longer be the same, and start with the easiest, a makeover, cut and dye his hair in the salon of their parents. On the other hand, parents also think they need a change and decide to move, no longer feel safe anywhere. On his first day high school, Jane continues his personal change, believes it does not belong to the same group of girls who belonged to his former high school, so I only have one option, the misfits, or whatever it is, the brainy, the alternative and the athlete, the Janes - is curious that they all call Jane - which also need motivation. But also, the population now living in the well for a change, no soul, spirit, just what she needs to survive the incident still haunts him. The key, a notebook belonging to another victim of the attack, one without papers in coma from which identity is unknown and which Jane visited every day and now sends letters in which he tells his adventures. I only say one thing saves Art.

The story is original is good but also sad, at least in part. The beginning is brutal and not for the pictures but how to express the confusion, dislocation and the void that is found in front of a traumatic event. The rest is survival, clinging to anything that allows to live. There's a phrase I like very much and would explain what I mean:

These things happen.
hearts suffer.
But still beating.

On the other hand, all the characters involved in this story need to feel part of something, feel special, useful and found each other, just what they needed. It all begins to fit.

The drawings are good, white and black, very careful and style I like. Short sentences, direct. Are very touching letters that Jane wrote to the boy's hospital, are his way of expressing how you feel.

Anyway ... I think that's all. I look forward to a sequel if it will not, at least I have not heard of it-be grateful. Ah! I forgot something important, the authors, I have not heard of them but now for me will be familiar names, Cecil Castellucci and Jim Rugg.

Regards, Lola.

0 comments:

Post a Comment